Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chores, Obama Etcetra

Over the past two days - my friends in Mumbai have been boasting about the "cold" weather there. According to what I read on the web, it dipped to 10.3 degrees. So mates, bring out the paanghruns and start zhoping. In the meanwhile, the Delhi weather has been relentless. And whoever told me that it lowers after Lohdi (14th January), was perhaps bullshitting ! The sun comes for a while and disappears - not good enough for my well-cleaned underwear to resume next-day duties - one did and I am glad !

I have been following the US Elections with a keen intent. Its fantastic to see things shaping up there. Barack Obama has almost transformed himself into a cult figure for the youth, while Clinton's campaign has just taken a stutter for a while. The mudslinging there is for a change worse than Advani firing potshots at Sonia Gandhi or vice-versa. I have never seen such a hard-fought race for nomination, forget Presidency. And, as expected - no one has given a damn to George Bush's "State of the Union" address. I am just waiting for the "Super Tuesday" (Feb 5.) where the nominations will go through. And ever since this campaign began, my vote has always gone for Obama - because the US needs change and I cannot see anyone else other than him bringing about change in the country.

Ive also taken time off to check out some weird news making the headlines today. Some of the American Mainstream News Media indulges in his pathetic form of journalism, with the Australian, not so far behind. Stupid, I say !

Weird stories round-up of the day:

"If MK has his way, Tamils will have a New Year's Day"
- Something really outrageous and far-fetched to think of. Again a strong show of Tamil Nationalism (if we could call that)

"Bikinis are fine, but Mankinis are too much mate" - Mankini ? How do you even pronounce it ?

"Aussie condom swallower gets 20 years" - What sort of a world are we living in ? Condoms being swallowed ? Holy crap.

"Cow poo helps reduce chances of lung cancer" - Weird again ! Whats happened to not smoking ?

This one's real audacious - "Mother defends dog after attacking on son"

No comments: